Data Privacy and Security Policy
Synergy Biz Group Limited sets out this policy (“Policy”) how we collect, use, store and handle personal data from this website. Synergy Biz Group Limited is not responsible for the privacy practices of other linked sites.
Commitment to Personal Data Protection
We are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal data (“Personal Data”) we hold. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about providing your Personal Data to us, we outline in this Policy our practices and the choices you have concerning the collection and use of your Personal Data.
Collect Your Personal Data
The types of Personal Data we collect from you will depend on the type of services as requested by, or provided to, you. The types of Personal Data may include (without limitation) the following:
- your personal information (e.g. your name, gender, age, nationality);
- your contact information (e.g. telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses);
- your business or academic information (e.g. name of company, name of organization or institution);
- your credit or debit or other charge cards information (e.g. name of cardholder, card number, billing address, security code and expiry date);
- your interests, personal preferences or comments;
- your comments and responses to market surveys, contests and promotional offers conducted by us or on our behalf; and/or
- information when you use our websites or other services (e.g. behavioural information, purchasing history, location information, browser details, IP addresses).
Some Personal Data are required for specific services. If you fail to supply such Personal Data as requested from the specific services, we may not be able to deliver you the services. By providing your Personal Data to us, you acknowledge that such provision is fair and reasonable in the circumstances.
Purposes for which your Personal Data are Collected and Used
- The purposes for which your Personal Data are collected and used may include (without limitation) one or more of the following purposes:
- for the supply of any services, facilities and/or other subjects (together, the “Services”) which we or any of associated companies (together, “Synergy Biz Group Limited”) may offer to you, or you may require from us, from time to time;
- for payment purposes for any of the services of Synergy Biz Group, including verification of credit card details with third parties;
- with your consent, for marketing or promoting any of the services of Synergy Biz Group Limited;
- for identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services that may be supplied to you;
- for communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
- for conducting research and/or analysis from time to time to better understand your consumption needs, preferences, interests, experiences and/or habits;
- for designing new and/or enhancing our services, activities, contests, lucky draws and/or other events (together, the “Activities”) relating to Swire Properties Group’s portfolio of properties or tenants in such portfolios of properties (“Merchants”), and/or administering any of the Activities conducted by Swire Properties Group (or on its/their behalf) or by the Merchants;
- for managing customer relationship and relationship with Synergy Biz Group Limited
- for making disclosures when required by law, regulation, or court order of any jurisdiction and/or as requested by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organization, which may be within or outside The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”);
- for establishing legal claims or defences, obtaining legal advice, and/or exercising, defending and/or protecting the rights or properties of Synergy Biz Group Limited including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed or property of any other person could be damaged by such interfering activities; and/or
- for any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above, or any other purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when your Personal Data is being collected, or any other purposes which you may from time to time agree.
We will not knowingly or intentionally use, share or sell your Personal Data in ways which are unrelated to the above purposes (or purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when we collect your Personal Data) without your prior consent.
If we intend to use your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you for direct marketing purposes (e.g. to send you marketing communications about news, offers or promotions in relation to the services or activities of Synergy Biz Group Limited), we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
If we intend to provide your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you to third parties for their use in direct marketing, we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us at any time, free of charge by following the opt-out instructions contained in the communications, or
write to us at the address listed in the session “How to Access or Correct Your Personal Data or Contact Us”.
Subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements, the Personal Data you provide to us will be kept by us in the appropriate form only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above. We may also retain archived personal data for statistical purposes.
The data you provide to us will be stored at Synergy Biz Group office or our server in Hong Kong accessible only to our authorised employees and contractors. However, we give no warranty against third parties hacking into the data or any unauthorised access to the data by anyone.
Synergy Biz Group will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We may share your personal data with event sponsors or authorised agents or contractors in connection with the associated events. By entering the competition or promotion, you acknowledge and expressly agree with the above.
In order to anticipate your needs, our websites may contain links to third party sites that are operated under different privacy practices.
All such websites are independent from our websites. We have no control over the contents of such other websites or their privacy policies or compliance with the law. You should therefore be fully aware the provision of such links does not constitute an endorsement, approval, or any form of association by or with Swire Properties Group. We have no control over Personal Data that is submitted to these other websites. You should remain alert when you leave our websites, and read the privacy statements of other websites.
Access or Correct Your Personal Data or Contact Us
You are entitled to access or correct any Personal Data relating to you held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data or if you believe that the Personal Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please write to us at the address below.
A request for access to Personal Data, correction of Personal Data, or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held by Synergy Biz Group Limited may be sent to us at the following address:
Synergy Biz Group Limited
Room 402, 4/F, Tower A, Hung Hom Commercial Centre
37 – 39 Ma Tau Wai Road
Hung Hom, Kowloon
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (852) 2111 9281
This Policy may be amended from time to time. You may access and obtain a copy of this Policy, as amended from time to time, at www.bbt.com.hk so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use Personal Data.
This Policy is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Updated in April 2017